It’s been a pretty rough year. Between family health issues, horribly weird weather, and major work stress, it’s been hard to find things to be thankful for this year. I have decided to take some time out of my day off to ponder what I am thankful for and share them with you. Here they are, in no particular order.
- I am thankful for my wonderful husband Mike. In October we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and I fall in love with him all over again every day. He is stood by me through illnesses, a car accident, major surgery, triumphs, and tragedies. He has taught me to enjoy the little things in life.
- I am thankful for the technology that allows me to “visit” with my family up North. Skype and Facetime has made it so I can actuall SEE that my Dad is doing well after his hip surgery. They let me see how fast my neices and nephews are growing up. While it is not the same as seeing them in person, it helps to take away some of the sting of being so far away from my loved ones.
- I am thankful for having a job. It isn’t a horrible job, a fantastic job, or my ideal job, but it is a job. At the library I see so many people who are hurting because they can’t find a job. When I am having a bad day at work I try to remember these people and how lucky I am.
- I am thankful for my family. It is so hard to be so far away – especially when Dad got so sick. I really appreciate my brothers and their wives who were able to step in where I was unable.
- I am thankful for my parents neighbors. During Dads illness the Hersteins, Mrs. Dickson, and the Stackpole family have done wonderful things to help my Mom and Dad. I’ll never forget that and I pray for them every day.
- My little dog Buddy. He is always there for me. His unconditional love has helped pull me out of the deep depression of living so far from my family and everything I’ve ever known and living in the horrible place we live. He is my little buddy.
To be continued…